Something I wanted making these COCONUT BUTTER CUPS, was to enjoy a home made treat without a ton of sugar.
I try my best in all scenarios to eat “low glyemic”, as the insulin surge that occurs with pure sugar intake only makes
- A crash later
- Hormonal cascade of fat storage…no thanks!
So, lets trick ourselves. Let’s indulge in something that is a delicious treat, but by using the right ingredients you avoid that huge sugar surge!Print Recipe
Coconut butter cups
- 8 tsp nut butter of choice
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 8 tsp coconut butter
- 4 tsp cacao powder
- 2 1/2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 yellow maca powder adds a caramel nut flavor
- LIne a miniature muffin tin with muffin liners
- In a pot, melt the coconut oil and nut butter of choice, fill muffin cups 1/2 way and freeze x 30 minutes
- while the nut butter mixture is freezing, melt coconut butter, cacao powder, coconut sugar and yellow maca. Let cool slightly, and pour on top of the frozen nut mixture in the muffin tin. Freeze x 30 more minutes
- Once completely firm, remove from freezer and enjoy! Will keep well in fridge x 1 week.